I was recommended to look at the brand Sleek several months ago, by a good friend Amber. She said how good the pigmentation and longevity was. I have also had some products from Sleek in a couple of my monthly beauty subscription boxes.
So when I was looking for a new make up palette I headed straight for Sleek make up, and I was welcomed by a lovely 2 for £10 offer. So naturally I looked at most of their products and decided on two eye shadow palettes, as I need highly pigmented make up for halloween, (I am allergic to face paints) I picked up ‘Ultra Mattes V2 Darks Palette’ and ‘Ultra Mattes V1 Brights Palette’. Each with 12 amazing colours. This gives me a huge range to work with and create a lot of different looks for Halloween.
I love the packaging it feels so professional and the box is also very pretty, and looks good quality. I really like the mirror inside the classy black smooth palette to do touch ups on the go. This is also a good size for the amount of product and range of colour you get, great for travelling or popping in the handbag for a night out! The price is great too, usually at £7.99 each. The box itself gives you some tips on what colours go where and how to clash colours and go for a neutral look, so some great suggestions there.
Now when I opened this palette I thought this would be perfect for a classic smoky look. The box suggests;
- ‘Flesh’ can be applied on the eyelid as a base for every look
- Soft shade ‘Pillow Talk’ can be applied to the inner corners, to brighten the face and widen the eyes
- Blend darker shades ‘Noir’ or ‘Villain’ along eye sockets to contour and add definition to your eyes
- Play it safe for day time with neutral shades; apply ‘Dune’ or ‘Flesh’ depending on skin tone all over the eye lid blending ‘Paper Bag’ along the eye socket to define eyes
- Amp it up at night with a wash of ‘Thunder’ or ‘Ink’, layering them onto the top and bottom lash lines
(bottom row left to right); Thunder, Maple, Flesh, Paper Bag, Villain, Fern.
I really love the packaging, and the overall pigmentation, colour variety, and price of this product. I am so looking forward to being creative and trying out different looks with this palette.
I was so amazed at how bright these were when I opened the case, so many different colours to choose from and they all are amazingly pigmented. The box suggests;
- Shades ‘Chill’ or ‘Bamm!’ can be applied on the eye lid as a base for every look
- Blend darker shades ‘Pucker’ or ‘Bolt’ along the eye socket to contour and add definition to your eyes
- For a more daring effect, pair clashing colours together such as ‘Pout’ and ‘Dragon Fly’ or ‘Strike’ and ‘Sugarlite’
- Eye vibrancy can be done by applying ‘Pout’ all over the eye lid and ‘Bamm!’ to the inner corners. Blend ‘Dragon Fly’ along the socket to define and finish by sweeping ‘Bolt’ lightly across the lower lash line.
(top row left to right); Chill, Pout, Sugarlite, Dragon Fly, Pucker, Bamm!
(bottom row left to right); Cricket, Bolt, Strike, Floss, Crete, Pow!
I love this palette and it is going to come in very handy for Halloween creating different looks, especially as these are so highly pigmented as you can see from the different pictures. Although Floss and Crete do not show, Floss leaves a very subtle pink tone and Crete a slightly grey look but nothing as bold as the other colours.
My favourite colours from the ‘Darks Palette’ ; Ink, Highness and Maple
from the ‘Brights Palette’; Pout, Dragon Fly and Bolt
Do you own any palettes from Sleek? What do you think of these?