Being ill is just one of those things we all have to deal with from time to time whether we like it or not. I have been pretty rough recently and thought I would post about the things that made me feel better!
- A nice hot bath, with N SPA honey shower gel… AMAZING! So relaxing and comforting, then getting into a nice clean bed.
- Tomato with a hint of basil soup, now winter is on the way and we will all be going back to stews, casseroles and soups. But soup when you are feeling a little under the weather is a great pick-me-up.
- Sleep, sometimes the day goes so slow when you are laying in bed and are unable to do anything, so just rest! Let your body get back to normal and time will pass quicker too.
- A good book, or TV show will help pass the time even if you are only half awake or constantly sneezing/coughing through it.
- Olbas oil, one of my go to products when I am struggling to breathe. This helps unblock your sinus and stinks the house out. I sent my boyfriend with a list of things I needed; Olbas Oil, Vapour rub, tissues and ice cream.
- Vapour rub, my boyfriend had no idea this existed, he is rarely ill and had no idea this was a thing. But he does now after smothering my back with it daily!
- Tissues, he brought me a huge box of mansize tissues, I’m not joking. He said ‘I just picked up a box’ I think he knew, and he is trying to tell me something 😛
- Comfort food, if you can eat and keep it down, then eat all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets in the world. –well maybe not ALL but most? I had ice cream, to soothe my throat and as a treat.
- Cold flannel, they can be so useful when you are feeling so hot and gross, run under a cold tap and rinse then putting it on your forehead can make you feel so much better, this also helps when feeling faint.
- Hot water bottle/Tea, anything warm if you are cold, I was hot cold hot cold so I needed everything just in case! I have honey and lemon Green Tea, which helps the immune system, clears toxins, tastes great and makes you feel better. Hot water bottles will soothe pain, relax muscles and keep you warm, and good for cuddling at night too!
What do you do/use when you’re feeling rough?